~ Fallen Angel ~ Part 11
It's night. Within the walls of sorrow
Comes falling with a broken wing
the angel. Gasping, he then whispers:
"My earthly love, where have you been? "
Between tall columns made of marble
A shadow stands, in eerie air.
"I'm here, my love", she answers softly,
"Come closer, angel, if you dare."
He stumbles trembling through the ruins
Of the forgotten timeless realm
One step, another, towards darkness
No sword, no shield, no shiny helm.
From Heaven struck by cold-steel lightning,
Dragging his wing in cruel pain
He, full of hope, conquers the distance
"I found you, Dreamer! See? I came."
Irinuca Felixuca's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ Fallen Angel ~ Part 11 by Irinuca Felixuca )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raining Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LIFE, FRIENDS & EYES OF LOVE, Tom Zart
- Ode to my stalker, or: La Luna Bella, Joseph Green
- Bluebird Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Space Case File #3,657, Joseph Green
- A Nod to Issa Kobayashi, Arguably my Fav.., Joseph Green
- No one shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Receiving A Post Card, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- my bike is somewhere floating down the m.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Beyond, Anthony Cavuoti