Ofentse Mercy Hajane
Fallen From Grace
The wind flows in my ears.
My body tingles its way to the center of gravity.
My eyes flows of flying tears.
My mouth drying and wettening in instants
My arms and legs streched out hard.
Feathers scattered aroun the place,
seeming to move in slow motion
The horizon seemingly close to glide to
My wings's frames violated
Leaving me bare and exposed.
Minutes away from touch down.
Heavens lights closing on me
My brother flying away into it.
My heart screaming of defeat.
A war that would only last forever.
And yet its been minutes,
since I have been falling from grace
Leaving down from paradise I called home
My holiness washing off in the vast sea of air.
The sweet smell of heaven,
disintegrating into the thick heavy inferiorated air of Earth,
and yet my father pains for me not.
Watching me falling from grace
Sinking into exile.
Suffocating in the mereness of its smell.
Minutes from touch down.
I wondered if angels feels pain when they fall from grace
I wondered if the morning star dims when it reaches land
I wondered wether my father would let me touch the filth of this place.
Seconds from touch down
Still swimming freely.
Regrets building in heart.
My light shining dimly
Cursed I will be known of.
But to my happiness I have stopped falling from grace...
... Now that I have fallen from grace.
By: Ofentse M Hajane
Ofentse Mercy Hajane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen From Grace by Ofentse Mercy Hajane )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns