Ofentse Mercy Hajane
Fallen From Grace
The wind flows in my ears.
My body tingles its way to the center of gravity.
My eyes flows of flying tears.
My mouth drying and wettening in instants
My arms and legs streched out hard.
Feathers scattered aroun the place,
seeming to move in slow motion
The horizon seemingly close to glide to
My wings's frames violated
Leaving me bare and exposed.
Minutes away from touch down.
Heavens lights closing on me
My brother flying away into it.
My heart screaming of defeat.
A war that would only last forever.
And yet its been minutes,
since I have been falling from grace
Leaving down from paradise I called home
My holiness washing off in the vast sea of air.
The sweet smell of heaven,
disintegrating into the thick heavy inferiorated air of Earth,
and yet my father pains for me not.
Watching me falling from grace
Sinking into exile.
Suffocating in the mereness of its smell.
Minutes from touch down.
I wondered if angels feels pain when they fall from grace
I wondered if the morning star dims when it reaches land
I wondered wether my father would let me touch the filth of this place.
Seconds from touch down
Still swimming freely.
Regrets building in heart.
My light shining dimly
Cursed I will be known of.
But to my happiness I have stopped falling from grace...
... Now that I have fallen from grace.
By: Ofentse M Hajane
Ofentse Mercy Hajane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fallen From Grace by Ofentse Mercy Hajane )
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 February 1887 - 3 November 1914)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Palanquin Bearers, Sarojini Naidu
Poem of the Day
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul
- Carpe, Doyen Lingua
- The Long Journey... From Tree to Me - Pa.., Jannavi Rout
- Tamarind, M.J. Lemon
- Poetry Or Science? Which Should It Be Gi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- ain't much a man, Doyen Lingua
- Season Greetings, Babatunde Aremu
- Significant and Sure., Sumita Jetley
- Laluwa Too A Leader, Bijay Kant Dubey