I'm falling from the sky
My heart burns and I don't understand why.
The life I lead is great,
Yet still I bleed from empty fate.
Where am I going?
Tell me of the seeds I'm sewing?
I ache with a pain
That threatens to stain.
Why do I cry,
When I feel like I want to fly?
Falling in an unknown pit of despair,
How terribly unfair.
I feel so low
Isn't my pain something I should know?
I'm having a hard time listening.
The heart desires
But I know not what it requires.
Pain filled cries
From where my suffering lies.
Where is that?
I feel like a rat,
Trapped in a maze,
Stuck in a daze.
How to escape
This unknown fate?
Hurt is not new
I've been there a time or two.
However the cause is usually known,
This time I'll have to find out on my own.
Free my from this hell! ?
For I know not how far I fell.
danielle franklin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling by danielle franklin )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher