I'm falling from the sky
My heart burns and I don't understand why.
The life I lead is great,
Yet still I bleed from empty fate.
Where am I going?
Tell me of the seeds I'm sewing?
I ache with a pain
That threatens to stain.
Why do I cry,
When I feel like I want to fly?
Falling in an unknown pit of despair,
How terribly unfair.
I feel so low
Isn't my pain something I should know?
I'm having a hard time listening.
The heart desires
But I know not what it requires.
Pain filled cries
From where my suffering lies.
Where is that?
I feel like a rat,
Trapped in a maze,
Stuck in a daze.
How to escape
This unknown fate?
Hurt is not new
I've been there a time or two.
However the cause is usually known,
This time I'll have to find out on my own.
Free my from this hell! ?
For I know not how far I fell.
danielle franklin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling by danielle franklin )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid