I'm falling from the sky
My heart burns and I don't understand why.
The life I lead is great,
Yet still I bleed from empty fate.
Where am I going?
Tell me of the seeds I'm sewing?
I ache with a pain
That threatens to stain.
Why do I cry,
When I feel like I want to fly?
Falling in an unknown pit of despair,
How terribly unfair.
I feel so low
Isn't my pain something I should know?
I'm having a hard time listening.
The heart desires
But I know not what it requires.
Pain filled cries
From where my suffering lies.
Where is that?
I feel like a rat,
Trapped in a maze,
Stuck in a daze.
How to escape
This unknown fate?
Hurt is not new
I've been there a time or two.
However the cause is usually known,
This time I'll have to find out on my own.
Free my from this hell! ?
For I know not how far I fell.
danielle franklin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling by danielle franklin )
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)