Falling on my own
Left you when I was so little
what do you do with the pictures
of you me and mommy
do you hide them from your new family,
have you burned them or just completly forgot
that you have a daughter out there somewhere.
I guess that you have tried to foget about me,
I think of you everyday and if you still rember me.
you are my father and I love you so much.
Even if you have betrayed me and my mother
I still want to love you and meet you.
All ive ever wanted to have is a father to pick me up
when i fall,
and when mommy falls too.
I have been falling lately
I guess all the pain that deteriates through my body
never reaches yours.
If you never come back to find me
im going to be falling
on my own.
do you want that?
Erin Hanson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Falling on my own by Erin Hanson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- '' There's No Substitution '', bri mar
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon