Meeting at my Grandma's house at noon
Its the same thing everytime
Kids get in line to eat before anyone else
the kids sit at a separate table than the adults
After lunch everyone goes outside and plays something
If not outside then everyone sits in the family room
Conversations about anything and everything go on
This tradition makes my family what it is
Everyone cares about everyone and we would not trade these lunches for anything
Tradition is what my family is about.
Jacob Wortman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family Gatherings by Jacob Wortman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...