ivor or ivor.e hogg
This stately home is haunted by
The ghosts of those who spent
Most of their lives here in days gone bye.
Though seldom seen they still come here
and sometimes make their presence felt.
Although they don’t inspire fear.
You sometimes smell a faint perfume
Or hear a sound that should not be.
Although are alone in the room.
Though only if you’re sensitive
and you have an open mind
Believing spirits do survive
Death only means they’ve travelled on
To a different form of being.
But can return to look upon
Familiar scenes they used to know
Whilst they were still in human form
They are quite free to come and go
A feeling of serenity.
Convinces me my words are true.
Though you are free to disagree.
This stately home was occupied
by one family for centuries.
But when the very last one died.
He left it to the National trust.
Who have maintained it ever since
The ghost don’t care they can adjust.
If you should visit you may find
A welcome waiting for you here.
The family ghosts are very kind.
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Family Ghosts by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI
- Retirement (or) Till Your Last, Natarajan Ramaseshan
- An illicit dream....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The House Across Our Road, Kuda Bondamakara
- sadism, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Call me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Gibberish, Neela Nath
- Wonderful World, fareha fatima
- COPLA 88 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan