Farhaud, The Best Engineer
Shereen and Farhaud are believed to be Romeo and Juliet of Persia. But historically, it is not so. The true story is depicted in this poem. hasnain
Khusro, the Persian king, once readily ordered
His men to keep all efforts bordered
To cure his beloved, Shereen, the princess
As she ailed and suffered severely with no recess.
All highly learned doctors came to the royal court.
With hefty-thefty, quick and late prescriptions in the fort
Once of them came with an idea of soft-silk
And prescribed to feed the princess only milk
Milk, then as remedy, reached the celestial palace
Gulping big lumps os precious time.
and failed to prosper damsel's face.
New problem stood, new solutions came forward
Till Khusro heard of Farhaud from a bird
Of tongue: so Fauhaud was sent for, indeed
To dig a canal, a history for us to read.
Canal, carved through rocks, from milk's destination
Walked and bounced and ran in a novel fashion
Towards the palace where Shereen lied
With hundred slaves who had her orders to abide
Thus Farhaud, the best engineer, from his flask
Of eternal strength, engineered a healthful task.
HASNAIN AAQIB's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farhaud, The Best Engineer by HASNAIN AAQIB )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 5, 1934)
Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Blue Roses, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Cage, Sarvesh wahie