Father - A Bird Of Leaves
I will never forget my Dad.
When I was a child,
He used to walk with me, sometimes, through the city, by taking my hand into his,
And telling me about all the hills
From his heart.
I spun by the sun
On his hills
And sang -such an amazed and happy child-
About all they could tell me
Longing, like a bird of leaves,
was always whispering in Dad's eyes.
When returning home,
His heart was going elsewhere.
Those sunny hills meant
Not the city...
Olimpia Sarb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father - A Bird Of Leaves by Olimpia Sarb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Buddha, Natasa Tocuc
- Alankar(Decor) -195, Indira Renganathan
- Childless, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Quitting, Edgar Albert Guest
- Hard Luck, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Boy's Tribute, Edgar Albert Guest
- Heroes, Edgar Albert Guest
- Loveness, Sir Hossein Sabbaghi
- आय' अनजालि आंनि, Ronjoy Brahma
- Memorial Day, Edgar Albert Guest