Father, Dear Father! ! !
There was a man who was so strong
He had the strength which no one had.
When I use to cry
he was there to wipe my tears
When I use to smile
he was there to share.
By profession, he was a policeman
So hard working and a true Gentleman.
As a father, he gave us everything
love, affection and understanding
By chance his marriage anniversary
coincided with my birth date.
Any delay in celebration I used to hate
there used to be a huge party
Everybody used to be hail and hearty
My thoughts my feelings
how easily he used to understand.
Then came a day when he was no more
My father, dear father, he was no more
He was not there to wipe my tears
He was not there to celebrate my birthday
He left a vacuum which no one can fill
But still I can feel the touch of his hand,
the smile on his face.
The way he used to kiss me on my forehead
and wished me a happy b’day
Today when everybody is crying in his memory
and my b’day celebrations has changed into a gloomy day
His memory is the only solace
I can feel him by my side
loving, caring and wishing me a happy birthday.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father, Dear Father! ! ! by Ghazala Javed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- TRUST COMMITMENT & LOVE, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neither dull nor grey, maryline vautravers
- Interviewed, Nassy Fesharaki
- What Can The Heart Do If It Falls In Lov.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gypsy Songs, Ben Jonson
- A hope that is not available, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INSTRUCTIONS TO LIFE, Michael P. Johnson
- An English Girl, So Beautiful And Lovely!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt