What is father's day truly about?
I'm asking cause that's something I went without
I know it's a celebration for everything the father has done.
It's not for the ones who chose to run.
This is for the father's who stuck in there through the good times and bad
Implementing rules so their kids can get more than what they had.
These are the ones who should get most of the praise
and see the good job at the children you raised.
Not every child has the privilege to have their father around
But most have turn out good without letting anyone down.
Children with fathers are no better than the ones without
Because chances are they have more to doubt.
Guys need fathers to teach them how to become a man
So when they become one they'll become the best one they possibly can
Girls need fathers to teach them about boys and how they act.
So if they get crazy she'll know there's one guy who will always have her back.
This poem is for all you dedicated fathers out there
Thanks for showing your children that you care.
You made a choice, and I'm glad you decided to stay
So just for that, Happy Father's Day.
Cece Chisolm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Father's Day by Cece Chisolm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey