Ana Lia Zaldivar
Fear loses when I am close to you,
when I forget about what is loneliness,
but lately you are the one I fear,
now the world is my nightmare.
I've lost the one who protected me,
from all the fear which could rule in me,
now I am exposed,
to my nightmare every night, and everyday.
I fear what you've done to me,
I fear that's true,
that it's not just a nightmare,
that's just my reality.
I fear for it to happen again,
I fear the pain that have grown in my heart,
I fear for it to get worst,
I fear for it to take me to an end.
I fear not to have you one more time,
for our dreams to disappear for once and for all,
I fear for what's happening now,
and I fear it's not just a nightmare.
Ana Lia Zaldivar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Ana Lia Zaldivar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Foolishly Spending, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pussy- Or how Carl Sagan Gave 9-Yea.., Joseph Green
- Writing Poetry, Joseph Green
- Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Fa.., Joseph Green
- Field of July, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ode to My Bathroom Mirror at 6: 13 in th.., Joseph Green
- Sunlight Playing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Medina (Urdu poem with translation), Akhtar Jawad
- An Emptiness Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Autumnal Equinox, Weymouth Bay, Captain Cur