The amorphous clouds threaten the Sun
of stealing its peace and shine;
but the Sun never doubts its strength
and it never whines.
Clouds lack inner strength
They have no core, no width and no length
They emanate from nowhere
and dissipate quickly to somewhere
They come and go
just like that.
I am the Soul
I am the Sun
I don't give-in to the clouds of fear
I don't let doubt come near
I listen to the true inner self of mine
I don't let fear take away my shine.
Fear is sure to veil the soul
and steal its sheen
When the inner mirror is covered with fear's dust
truth is nowhere to be seen.
Fear is the bane of life
It is the terminator of joy
I have the choice to live in fear or in love
I choose to rent the veil of fear
and live in love.
(21.08.2011; New Delhi; India)
Anshul Gupta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Anshul Gupta )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Too much, hasmukh amathalal
- Beer, Britton DeJong
- A Flower Is To See, Not To Kiss Or Smell, Bijay Kant Dubey
- In the forest, Philo Yan
- The Devil Called On Me, louis rams
- Papa Says That The Son Will Make A Name, Bijay Kant Dubey
- When I see, you come to me as a poem, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Church Of Souls, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Kissing The Drunk Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Awaiting Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak