I grew listening a peculiar proverb,
‘Barking dogs seldom bite.'
But life taught me a different lesson,
They not only bite
Rather they leave you off white.
With the novel inkling I got terrified,
Started avoiding the bully ones
But to my surprise
They followed me like a menace.
I sprinted out of fear
Leaving invaluable on the ground,
But the critical hour showed me
A big fat hound.
I stopped, trembled,
Murmured and whispered,
Calling for my protector,
I wished I could turn
The poison into nectar.
But none came to rescue
Hopeless, I decided to succumb,
Seeing him glaring at me
I horrifically got numb.
When I was
on the verge of surrendering,
A miracle happened,
During the sacred hour
I heard someone roaring.
I felt grateful
As the hound rushed out of my sight,
Enlightening me with a fresh thought
That appeared too bright.
Fear grows within
Scaring you more and more,
But once you challenge its strength,
It pledges 'never to come to the fore.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear by Mallika Tripathi )
Gerard Manley Hopkins
(28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Thomas Bailey Aldrich
(November 11, 1836 – March 19, 1907)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- I Live, Tanja Henderson
- This year, maryline vautravers
- Friends, maryline vautravers
- Cuba…..God's Betrayal……….Perhaps, James B. Earley
- Poetic-Spectator*, Tushar Ray
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan