Fear of my own fear
Is it possible to have one fear?
Can you be afraid of fear?
Am I hidding in the shadow of fear?
I can standup for myself but can't stand up to me
I'm scared of being scared
I want to find myself facing my fears
Diving head first into danger
But don't want to hesitate knowing,
fear itself might hold me back.
Grasping me tightly until I fear all that is known
Scared of dark corners, creaking noises.
All together I still fear, fear the most.
9/2/09 5: 27 PM
Ilana Sabio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fear of my own fear by Ilana Sabio )
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(15 April 1958)
(3rd April 19sixty)