Dr John Celes
Fear's The Key!
In constant fear, the modern world lives in!
Uncertainty afills the hearts of men;
What kind of future awaits, no one knows;
Fear is the key to overdoing things!
The fear of rights being denied is one;
The fear of injustice and unfairness;
The fear of enslavement by ones near/far;
Fear of lack of chances to come up in life!
The threat of being pushed down life's ladder;
The fear of being unloved everywhere;
The fear of staying outdated and poor;
The fear of not catching up with the world!
The fear of stifled conscience is real;
The fear of authoritarianism;
The fear of over-taxation, price-rise;
The fear of ill-health due to pollution!
The fear of invasion by neighbor states;
The fear of destruction of life and wealth;
The fear of incarceration in jails;
The fear of worshipping an alien God!
Fears of every kind engulf hearts and minds!
There is no peace in homes, 'midst fellowmen;
Fear is the key to numerous problems;
Shed fears unreal, real so galore.
None can progress if fears deny your sleep;
Bitterness, anger, revenge then come in;
Suspicion rules the roost in things you do;
Discontent gains the upper-hand each day!
Let undue fears not impediments turn;
Let confidence of self and cheer fill minds;
Let virtual threats not waste your time and wealth;
Live for the present cheerfully with God!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 7-1-13
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fear's The Key! by Dr John Celes )
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thank You, Tandin Dorji
- May Peace Prevail, Cathy Hodgson
- Baldy Bert, Von Kimball Barney
- Heartbreak Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Too Many Women, David Lewis Paget
- RESULT: THE LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, Dominic George
- A MASOCHISTIC SADIST TO A WOUNDED CHILD .., Dominic George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)