I feel like I have so much pain in my heart.
Im grasping for love and life tight.
I want to never feel this way again, but knowing
I will if i put myself out there again.
I want to close the door and curl up in a ball
and never let the world see me again, but
I know I will eventually have to.
I wish to never meet face to face with the person
that hurt me, but I will eventually see them.
I want to see the beautiful side of life and not
face the ugly parts.
I want to go on with my life and never be hurt
again, but I know that is too much to ask for.
Is it too much to ask for to be happy once again?
Tracey Owens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Feeling Hurt by Tracey Owens )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- History Lesson, Steve Turner
Poem of the Day
- Winds Of Winter, Luo Zhihai
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum