A heart weeps at a lover's rejection,
Longing for waves of affection,
Surging with kisses and elation,
Missing is a substance called the chemistry of romance.
Unknown, mysterious ingredient that makes music,
For our hearts to dance,
Close whispers of endearments,
Fastening feelings with loving texts that will be sent.
Flowers tied in a beautiful bunch, with the best of wine for lunch,
Stepping out together in a fanfare of a hunch,
That our connection is not just for passing time,
We dwell in each other's thoughts.
Not wanting to roam anymore, having at last found home,
With the comfort and the thrill, even without any frills,
Emotions match with colours vibrant and captivating scent,
That freshens and caresses the air with images of rose petals.
Falling from the heavens above,
Sealing our surprise and delight at finding love!
Hazel Durham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Finding Love by Hazel Durham )
Did you read them?
- Saving The World, Ronald Chapman
- Corruption, Sandra Feldman
- Cannot Take Care, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Beautiful Story of You, Corey Jones
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He's right;, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)