Flicker and burn, writhe and turn.
I see flames lick and lash at the red hot ground.
Red-hot heat sears all in it's path,
Embers and ashes lay all around.
Fear or anger
Initiate the fire that rages and burns
Revolving around one's soul,
Evolving into the forest fire that, in one person, churns.
Fire, flames of anger,
In love, a fire in your heart?
Relive all those fiery moments.
Everyone has a deep fire in them.
Whether it be love or anger, a fire burns inside you. Let that fire continue to rage, accept love and anger for the false insecurities there are.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire by Cat Ducat )
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns