Flicker and burn, writhe and turn.
I see flames lick and lash at the red hot ground.
Red-hot heat sears all in it's path,
Embers and ashes lay all around.
Fear or anger
Initiate the fire that rages and burns
Revolving around one's soul,
Evolving into the forest fire that, in one person, churns.
Fire, flames of anger,
In love, a fire in your heart?
Relive all those fiery moments.
Everyone has a deep fire in them.
Whether it be love or anger, a fire burns inside you. Let that fire continue to rage, accept love and anger for the false insecurities there are.
Cat Ducat's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire by Cat Ducat )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- My Night and Morning Crap, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Remember Me, Sammi Jorgensen
- A Mother and Her Teen.., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- MY LIFE, Sammi Jorgensen
- When I Was Depressed, Hailey Stump
- Change, Sammi Jorgensen
- Stand up to them, Nicola Kelly
- Growing old sucks, Nicola Kelly
- Say, Hailey Stump
- Raindrops of my tears, Nicola Kelly