The light flickered in her eyes.
She wanted to erase all the lies
She got a match and twirled around
Wishing everything would burn to the ground.
The flames were beautiful; it all starts with a spark,
And then the fire shall leave its everlasting mark.
Devouring everything she hates; all that brought her pain
The fire spread all over her world; the rain tries to stop it in vain.
The she loved the colors all around her; crimson, gold, silver, white,
Blue, orange, black; nothing in her world can fight
The strength of the fire; it’s called by many names;
Fear, Anger, Jealousy, Hate; you’ve heard of it, it’s grown in fame.
She laughs with tears in her eyes; oh how marvelous the sight!
Now everything in her life is burning so bright!
As the fire sang for her, she danced.
She danced to the rhythm of the songs of Pain,
She danced in the fire, not seeing her feet were in chains.
Bound to her thoughts; will no one help her see
That the fire won’t set her free?
Illusions in her mind told her fire would erase the lies
She didn’t see that fire was leading to her demise
She didn’t feel the fire’s bite; she’s numb to the pain
The fire had driven her insane!
When something opened up her eyes, she was too late
The fire consumed her; nothing was left except hate.
Sasha Varney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Fire by Sasha Varney )
- Should We Kill Poetry, Tony Adah
- Look deep in my eyes, obed obser
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland