Shhhhhhhh.....rumors get started
and the heat starts to rise
when the angel before us becomes
aroused with devilish eyes......
the devil I call me
is just a quiet man
who prefers sunning himself
to a fiery tan........ ;)
With sharpened horns
and pointy tails
the quiet man
What fires burn in his heart
which sets him high and apart......
Perhaps our journey is in the sharing....
Perhaps its in the stew......
sharing a journey in life is better
when sharing it with the likes of you
With the likes of me
and the likes of you
What we share
can't be stew? !
With the likes of you
and the likes of me
our journey's end
will be sound and true.....
We are here and in the Now
Enjoy it as it is
For the future is too far away
for us to worry, come what may
So lets both walk into the light
and make each day lovely and bright!
Philo Yan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fire by Philo Yan )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)