First Look! !
t was September
And I still remember!
I saw you for the first time,
Got entangled in this love crime.
I looked at you
The love sparks flew
You smiled, Cos you knew
I liked you.
It din’t take a while to talk,
I still remember, our first walk.
There were the phone calls,
The first date in the mall.
Everything seemed just right
All the silly fights,
The thought of your’s in the night,
Holding on to your dream tight.
I wanted you always around,
Day and night round
Was it just an infatuation?
If it was, then why i needed all your attention!
Was this love?
I wonder now!
You still make me feel special
Is this affection real!
If i had, made the move
How would it be now?
We would have been together
All the years forever!
There was no need for these lines,
If you had been mine
Everything would be just fine,
A Stitch in time, would have Saved nine.
Rashmi Lingappa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (First Look! ! by Rashmi Lingappa )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Divine Vs Divination, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Richmond Explodes, John Allen Richter
- Solomon's empire, hasmukh amathalal
- Restart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Naat A warning Paposh Hayn Hum, Akhtar Jawad
- Values, Luo Zhihai
- TRUTH DEVOURING, Michael P. Johnson
- Dreams Money Can Buy, Ravinder Dhaliwal
- a Fading Torment, Tim Labbe
- Love Note 12, Michael P. McParland