Five More Minutes
'Time to get up! ' he says,
'Five more minutes' say I,
Eyes tired from the late night before,
Body aching from not enough rest.
'There's so much to do! ' he says,
'I want to play! '
I reveal to him,
'You can play in your dreams son,
You can play in your dreams,
You can go anywhere,
In five minutes,
You can travel the world,
And be back in time,
He lays down close to me,
Long enough to ponder this thought,
For me to open one eye,
And feel I can tackle the world.
Aisha Sherazi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Five More Minutes by Aisha Sherazi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Apple From A Tree, LaRon Green Sr.
- pyar ke ghronde me, Aftab Alam
- Forgetting past, Nick Kler
- Country in despair, Bernard Onoja
- Forgivness, Nick Kler
- Beauty, andrew reeves
- Sweet Mirage, Maureen Alikor
- Circus of life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Kalidas- - - (Shakespeare of India), Aftab Alam
- Laugh and grow fat, Bernard Onoja