Compassion, respect, and love
are so hard to find
within a world where anything goes
and where it is possible
to have vision
but be morally blind
There isn't a blank space in my mind,
if there is and I'm mistaken
then it must be hidden
My body is weary
my soul seems shattered
my mind is beyond me
and like a bull rider
I'm overthrown within every
attempt to gain control.
Visions and memories hunt me
what happened to you
could happen to me.
My thoughts scream to heaven
walking around like everything's cool
when things aren't
My life isn't rainbows
believe me your teenage years don't
add as much gloss to its colors
Is struggle my hustle?
I'm reading, skimming,
conducting a meeting in my mind
where I sit and listen to people and their experiences.
I've sat side by side with celebrities, and their
words fly through my mind
but never seem to rebel against
They will never leave my orbit of thoughts
because you see I'm in my own space,
my own world.
Trying to create my own path,
Lord help me stay focused,
grounded and sane,
show my mind
clarity and happiness.
Send your angels to redecorate my spirit with
True Eyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flashlight by True Eyes )
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell
- Hurly-Burly هرج و مرج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- INCINERATED, Satish Verma