If Time Had Stopped
If time had stopped,
I would've looked at you closely
listened to my conscience
and ignored the fight
between my heart and my brain
No one said that
time alone could be so dangerous
No one mentioned the fatal flaws of thoughts
that are attached to
rare, hot emotions
Emotions can taunt your thinking
tease your mind
and lead you into hasty decisions
Love doesn't make us do anything or does it?
You choose what you do,
and ask yourself who is the real cause.
Can a feeling possibly force you to do anything?
Is it a trigger that goes off
on an emotional scale?
Is it a parasite that sucks the strength out of us,
but requires human's physical properties?
When feelings stop
time will cease;
the newborn brought in this world
is welcomed with dismay and parental pity,
rather than compassion
If it stops, will humanity die?
Because the art of feeling
which by God
no one human can live
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Time Had Stopped by True Eyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra