If Time Had Stopped
If time had stopped,
I would've looked at you closely
listened to my conscience
and ignored the fight
between my heart and my brain
No one said that
time alone could be so dangerous
No one mentioned the fatal flaws of thoughts
that are attached to
rare, hot emotions
Emotions can taunt your thinking
tease your mind
and lead you into hasty decisions
Love doesn't make us do anything or does it?
You choose what you do,
and ask yourself who is the real cause.
Can a feeling possibly force you to do anything?
Is it a trigger that goes off
on an emotional scale?
Is it a parasite that sucks the strength out of us,
but requires human's physical properties?
When feelings stop
time will cease;
the newborn brought in this world
is welcomed with dismay and parental pity,
rather than compassion
If it stops, will humanity die?
Because the art of feeling
which by God
no one human can live
True Eyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Time Had Stopped by True Eyes )
- Dimensional Reality, Deborah Kelley
- Je me souviens..., Richard John
- Napoleon Bonaparte, Joseph Ogbonna
- Understanding one's life anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Equinox, Lawrence Beck
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Remnants Left Behind, Heather Burns
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)