The flowers are dying
and while they try to buy more time
we are ever watching
waiting for the time to come when they just give up
when they exclaim in their small voice... enough
why do we pressure beauty to be more beautiful?
As if we are any more dutiful to our own selves?
The flowers look at death not as a punishment.
Nothingness to them is as a reward.
We see these flowers, dead, wavering in the wind.
Are these Beauty's less deserving then your own kin?
Should they be shamed?
Should they be blamed?
and picked on
Because they are small?
Any we allow these 'tall' and 'significant people come, and maul these flowers.
And we just sit and watch as they fall
gently down to the floor.
Flowers have hearts too.
Even if its in lue of those who lead a better life
Do what the flowers feel not equal that of a broken bone?
As they grow an ingrown heart, and they wish that it could be cut away.
Dont tell me there is no way for it to metastasize, it does.
And the flowers are dying...
and we stand here watching... not even crying.
Why? Because life will always be like a balancing act, that has less to do with beauty, and more to do with feeling
Erik Gillette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flowers by Erik Gillette )
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sirene, Tanja Bulovic
- Dream Life, Nassy Fesharaki
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- The Jackalope Man, Like a Goose to Florida, Bruce Larkin
- I'm Wally the Wacky Warlock, Bruce Larkin
- One Day I Dreamed, Clive Blake
Poem of the Day
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Enjoyable@@ Roma vs Bayern Munich live s.., Shohag Kaysar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- miami dupli
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)