font color=darkvioletLast Day of School
It’s the last day of school!
But today is special,
‘cause it’s my last in 8th grade.
My friends are all tearing,
but I’m silently cheering,
because I get to leave it all.
I get to start anew.
I’ve been at this school now for nine years.
It’s time to move on,
even with all the tears.
But I won’t cry.
I’m glad to say good bye.
It’s not like I was treated well,
sometimes I would’ve rather gone to hell.
So it’s the last day of school,
I say that’s pretty cool.
I’m going to enjoy it to the fullest,
And go out with a bang.
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (font color=darkvioletLast Day of School by Jane Meyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Daybreak, Jonathon Hadley
- Specialised, Edward Kofi Louis
- Nocturne with Choreography for Departure, Lynda Hull
- Fifty Fathoms Deep, Michael Mira
- In Another Country, Lynda Hull
- Clash Of Values, Edward Kofi Louis
- cities, James Hart
- Secret Death, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devil, evil!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Starlight Symphony, Kewayne Wadley