Don’t mistake me for a brat,
For I’m certainly not that.
But I do like people to pay attention,
When I have something I’d like to mention.
I don’t mind when I have to shout,
At the ones that I don’t care about.
But when the people I love don’t listen,
It can cause a tear to glisten.
I’ll say how it makes me feel,
But no one’s listening for real.
They might pay half a mind to me,
But it’s with someone else they’d rather be.
I’m used to it by now,
No longer feel that initial pow,
When the realization hits,
That I’m talking to mere half-wits.
They don’t care what I have to say,
So they don’t listen anyway.
And are my feelings ever implored?
No, ‘cause remember I’m ignored.
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Ignored by Jane Meyer )
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)