Footballing Donkey (A Poem For Children)
He plays football for the Rovers,
he has control and he has class.
He is dynamite at shooting,
he can play the perfect pass.
He’s our top scoring player,
he scores in every game.
When he scores the fans go nuts,
they always sing his name.
Our donkey is Brazilian,
he has that Brazilian flair.
He moves around the pitch so fast,
it’s like he’s everywhere.
His skill got us to Wembley,
we swayed to his Brazilian grooves.
He’s our most talented player,
he can kick with all four hooves.
When he played in the final,
we beat United six – three.
When donkey lifted the cup,
he was happy as can be.
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Footballing Donkey (A Poem For Children) by Jojoba Mansell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine
- Don Juan In Amsterdam, William Daryl Hine
- A Thousand Words, William Daryl Hine