Footprints In The Sand
Along the coast to the East of our nation,
A recent discovery caused much celebration.
For thousand of years, they lay undiscovered –
But, by winds and by rain, they became uncovered.
Stretching far off across the low land,
Were dozens of footprints in the sand.
Footprints of both man and child –
From way back when our land was wild.
Searching the sands for plants and shellfish,
They looked for delicacies to make a nice dish.
It was a time when mammoths roamed nearby,
And creatures emitted such fearsome cries.
Archaeologists were more than thrilled.
When come low tide, the prints were revealed,
Further evidence, the experts are hoping to find,
But at least these footprints were left behind.
From these impressions seen in the silt,
A picture of early man can continue to be built.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Footprints In The Sand by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 December 1943 -)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- My Assignment., BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher
- Saranè, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Sex Sonnet, Luis Estable
- Ripping A Seam, Saiom Shriver
- You Are My World, Gillu Rahul
- The Hype Is Gone, Tony Adah