For A Good Friend
To travel with a friend is to travel on a cruise ship,
For there will be laughter, music, dance and wine;
Yet you still secretly check for life jackets and rafts,
And only sleep safe when your swimming is fine.
To travel with a true friend is to travel in a wooden boat,
With just a limbless you, him, against the mighty tides;
Yet your eyes will close, knowing there can happen only two:
His hands will save you, or with you in him he would, fly...
* Dedicated to C.K.Senthil
Pradeep Dhavakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For A Good Friend by Pradeep Dhavakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- It's an illusion, Gopikrishnan Nair
- Rest in my book of brook:, binod bastola
- Rascal, Mandolyn ...
- The Homecoming, Gopikrishnan Nair
- A Blanket of Starz! is a Goodnight~, Monk E. Biz
- Investing In Banks Or Companies Beware, Terence G. Craddock
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj