225 days under grass
and you know more than I.
they have long taken your blood,
you are a dry stick in a basket.
is this how it works?
in this room
the hours of love
still make shadows.
when you left
you took almost
I kneel in the nights
that will not let me be.
what you were
will not happen again.
the tigers have found me
and I do not care.
Charles Bukowski's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Jane by Charles Bukowski )
Did you read them?
- I am complete in your arms.., Manish Guru
- She, Akhtar Jawad
- Lunch, anthony henriques
- A thoughtless god, Solomon Marshall
- Mukkamal Hoon tumhare Daman mein, Manish Guru
- The Stroke of one person who lie, clawdea benat
- The love which endures the pains is too .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- < He >, Aparna Chatterjee
- Never Losing Sight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collectively Protecting America, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- November, Thomas Hood
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)