Troy Ulysses Davis
For labor advances
We abandon poets, dancers,
In our labor advances
there were breaches.
We abandoned soldiers, politicians,
beauty queens, thespians,
cheerleaders gone grassroots.
We abandoned athletes, drummers
focusing on numbers, peridot line colored.
Copper, silver, democratic Demetrius.
Silliness, we abandon leaders.
Acrostic protest sign creating
for labor advances gladly.
We abandon social workers
trying to save us, patriotism.
Directors capturing moments of life,
Vaudevillians, media musing, scribes.
Premature hospice practitioners, abandoned.
Fellow philanthropic, enchantment analyst.
We abandoned champions, managers,
for labor advances, glamorous ships, admirals.
Troy Ulysses Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For labor advances by Troy Ulysses Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh