Troy Ulysses Davis
Howard be Thy name
I'm Aaron with an inkpen Moses without it.
Too easy to demonize, little time for dictionary memorizing.
The irony of poetry refining the monster that is Mister Hyde.
Monsieur Hadith? Augure from ogre? Diamond mining, etiquette practitioner.
Last to write on fiction, fascinated with new diction, wisdom, style, substance.
No reason to desire wanting to sound like an idiot.
Twenty years for a crime you didn't commit because you sound like you did it.
Typecasted and stigmatized as ignorance and violence
Tyrants capitalize on the obvious and insist it's our natural selves.
When even bodybuilding and fitness enhances discipline.
You would think the smartest is the best conditioned.
Handled the most resistance, mastered the principle.
Psychological jujitsu just to tolerate?
Sounds like something that'll inspire poets
Troy Ulysses Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Howard be Thy name by Troy Ulysses Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra