For The Daughters - From The Fathers
For The Daughters -
From The Fathers
How proud does he feel,
To be a father,
Even more proud does he feel,
To be the dad of a daughter.
He dearly loves her,
More than he loves his wife,
He really madly loves her,
Much more than his own life.
He guides her right from the day she is born,
He’s the one who teaches her to walk in the lawn,
He’s the one who teaches her to read in the dawn,
And he’s also the one who teaches her to pray
When the day’s gone!
Till now, he’s a loving father,
Of a dear daughter,
Till now he’s a proud father,
Of a cute daughter.
But as time passes by,
She no more needs this old guy,
And all she has gotta say-
Is, - “He knows nothin’ of today.”! ! !
Slowly she jumps from the lap of teenage,
And enters the gate of adulthood;
She leaves this old father on a certain day,
And breaking the rules, with her lover, she runs away!
He becomes nearly paralyzed,
His heart breaks to cold pieces like ice,
And he thinks, he ‘was’ a loving father,
And he ‘was’ a proud father!
A child relieves its pain by crying to its parents,
And so a wife to her husband,
But a father has none to stand,
And thus, his tears dry within his broken heart!
This is the pain frequently given by proud daughters,
This is the pain frequently received by poor fathers,
And this pain of a loving father
Is the Most Tragic Pain in the world of Love! !
Once, she was a proud loving daughter,
And now, she’s a proud loving guy’s lover! ! !
B.A.1st year; Bongaigaon College.
Stephen Styris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For The Daughters - From The Fathers by Stephen Styris )
- Beauty is everywhere, Aftab Alam
- No Tears, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Dear Chains, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Too many cooks spoiled the broth, Aftab Alam
- So I thought, hasmukh amathalal
- That Day Into My Eyes You Gazed (M. Tsve.., Olga Kyvelidi
- For Me You Have No Love... (S.Esenin), Olga Kyvelidi
- All can benefit, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Wendell Berry
- Only sweet words, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)