For those Eyes!
Those eyes I see, always remain unseen
When I peep in and in - I see nothing;
Absolutely nothing: no color, no question,
Not a bit of wonder even!
Just stoic and and stony as ever
To say everything with splendid fervor
But says nothing, nothing in my year.
Or I can't hear?
Still I gaze on and on and sure no mystery hides
In corner of those lovely eyes!
At times I see -
Those look shape less and
Again appear with twinkles with well curves
Around me and mine;
Feel, as if those are only for me!
Not sure, ever not sure
To guess you see me or I really could see you.
But, everyday I look at those lovely eyes
And see, those even are fixed at me.
Again feel, as if those are only for me!
Days move with nights on back
Sun opens up me within, I see again
And you remain unseen.
I remain at me and you remain at yours.
So, also the distance remains -
Will it remain for ever?
Still, for your eyes I will stare as before
Again also so even after!
20th August 2012.
Hrushikesha Mohanty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For those Eyes! by Hrushikesha Mohanty )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- SAINTS AND SINNERS, Changu Chilwesa
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Spring, Nivedita Patnaik
- Reading The Tea-Leaves of My Father..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nagasaki ...... [WAR; VERY SHORT; nucle.., Bri Edwards
- O My Friend Jerry, Abdulrazak Aralimatti
- The Chance, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Eve, Leong Ming Loong
- SCROUSE and SCRUMPY, michael walkerjohn
- ` S a c r e d..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Spring Rhyme, Luo Zhihai
- Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland