For those Eyes!
Those eyes I see, always remain unseen
When I peep in and in - I see nothing;
Absolutely nothing: no color, no question,
Not a bit of wonder even!
Just stoic and and stony as ever
To say everything with splendid fervor
But says nothing, nothing in my year.
Or I can't hear?
Still I gaze on and on and sure no mystery hides
In corner of those lovely eyes!
At times I see -
Those look shape less and
Again appear with twinkles with well curves
Around me and mine;
Feel, as if those are only for me!
Not sure, ever not sure
To guess you see me or I really could see you.
But, everyday I look at those lovely eyes
And see, those even are fixed at me.
Again feel, as if those are only for me!
Days move with nights on back
Sun opens up me within, I see again
And you remain unseen.
I remain at me and you remain at yours.
So, also the distance remains -
Will it remain for ever?
Still, for your eyes I will stare as before
Again also so even after!
20th August 2012.
Hrushikesha Mohanty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For those Eyes! by Hrushikesha Mohanty )
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)