Sometimes in life,
you find a special friend;
Someone who changes your life
just by being part of it.
Someone who makes you laugh
until you can't stop;
Someone who makes you believe
that there really is good in the world.
Someone who convinces you
that there really is an unlocked door
just waiting for you to open it.
This is Forever Friendship.
When you're down,
and the world seems dark and empty,
Your forever friend lifts you up in spirit
and makes that dark and empty world
suddenly seem bright and full.
Your forever friend gets you through
the hard times, the sad times,
and the confused times.
Your forever friend holds your hand
and tells you that
everything is going to be okay.
And if you find such a friend,
you feel happy and complete,
because you need not worry.
You have a forever friend for life,
and forever has no end.
Ashleigh Gaffney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever Friends by Ashleigh Gaffney )
- The stairway, Harold R Hunt Sr
- knock knock, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teacher Teacher, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Forget Alzheimer's, S. I. Rednow
- I cant tell you I love you, Trong Phan
- Where frozen ember still burn, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Season ends, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Don't look back, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fire and Movement, Akhtar Jawad
- Look up to the sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley