Forty Letters to a Woman–Sixteenth Letter
I will not change.
I will not back up an
Not even for a second!
The earth is still there;
The sea's saltiness is still there,
The natural disasters are still natural.
I will not promise you
That I will not change.
You drink from the sea,
You land on the land, or
You survive a natural disaster;
This is your 'thing'
Your life style,
Your hair style,
Your lips, and
Your date's dress style.
Human and god may vanish
But the universe will remains
Big, grand, and giant,
And I still
Will not change!
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forty Letters to a Woman–Sixteenth Letter by Atef Ayadi )
- You Speak to Me, Lukie Pieterse
- I LOVED HER, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love Overpowers All, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- BY THE WATER TOWER., Terry Collett
- Every moment, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Hurt and pain., Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Fragile, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- GAHZAL, ROCHISH MON
- Perfectly Loveable, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Your 2 Blame, Saturday Chikezie Promise
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The City Planners, Margaret Atwood
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On His Blindness, John Milton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)