Freedom breathes through every pore,
Escapes in gasps froms cracks in floors.
I'll dream of you so many nights,
I've cried and screamed with eyes shut tight.
And freedom breeds, it lives, it fights.
I know not where I'm going,
Forgotten where I've been.
I'm floating through the streets unknowing,
to you I float, now thats a sin.
A freedim sigh escapes my lips,
I'm counting down the hours.
And I'll long for you to kiss these lips
in the light of freedom's powers.
but even freedom cheats, it lies, it slips.
I know not where I'm going
but I dream of where I've been.
freedom will keep my heart slowing,
and let me go on drowning in this mess.
And to you I'll float for days to come,
in darkness and in hiding.
I'll float until my heart is done,
and in death freedom conquers.
Monica O'Connor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Freedom Sigh by Monica O'Connor )
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid