A friend is someone whose arms reach out
far beyond their reach,
to comfort a troubled soul,
and help them through their troubled times.
A friend is someone who always freely gives,
expecting nothing in return,
and is always there
whenever the need may arise.
A friend is someone who cares from the heart.
Who will stand by your side
whenever the troubles start.
A friend is someone whose face may never be seen,
but whose touch is always felt
and their words always
comfort your ailing soul.
A friend is someone who will never criticize,
but will listen to a troubled mind
A friend is someone who is all these,
and so much more.
Someone who will never ignore you,
but will always have the time
Praveen Baid's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friend by Praveen Baid )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Casey Renee Kiser
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Cremation Of Sam McGee, Robert William Service
Poem of the Day
- Farewell 2014, Paul Sebastian
- The Right Religion, Kevin Forbes
- Miles away, hannah wilbert
- (8) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- A life unexamined, Robert Plese
- Dying, Dipankar Chakraborty
- Quotation # 5, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Control, Robert Plese
- Time is your worst enemy, Leong Ming Loong
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki