A friend is someone whose arms reach out
far beyond their reach,
to comfort a troubled soul,
and help them through their troubled times.
A friend is someone who always freely gives,
expecting nothing in return,
and is always there
whenever the need may arise.
A friend is someone who cares from the heart.
Who will stand by your side
whenever the troubles start.
A friend is someone whose face may never be seen,
but whose touch is always felt
and their words always
comfort your ailing soul.
A friend is someone who will never criticize,
but will listen to a troubled mind
A friend is someone who is all these,
and so much more.
Someone who will never ignore you,
but will always have the time
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friend by Praveen Baid )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Applause, Alicia C. Cooper
- August 1427: Abundance, Cole Swensen
- What the Ventriloquists Said, Cole Swensen
- She Buried Three, Alicia C. Cooper
- Oxygen, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Remembering Charlotte, Alicia C. Cooper
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO