Friendship is not............
Friendship is not a spoken matter
to carry words that soothe and hurt
leaving traces of bliss and pain.
Friendship is not an emotional saga
to strive hard to gain recognition
to win the heart of another soul.
Friendship is not a mystery
to delve upon for a thesis to be made
just to fulfill an academic quest.
Friendship is not between you and I
to cry and laugh selfishly in equal pattern
ignoring the pain but praising the gains.
Friendship is not a status conscious
to be praised high and placed low
in profit the bliss made, in loss the tears meet.
Friendship is not a business proposal
nor is it an agreement between souls
to share the fruits of burden and bear them equally.
Friendship is but divine
to be cherished in the moments
when wisdom fails us unasked
and stupidity prevails masked! ! .
©cyclopseven. All rights reserved.
cyclopseven Ram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship is not............ by cyclopseven Ram )
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
- Glow worm, Mark Heathcote
- FOOT STEPS, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Highest Human Virtue Surprisingly Is.., Mr. Nobody
- Time Marches on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Our First Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Another Day, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Am I?, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow