From a Tarnished Dream
Some possession wanted
No longer matter~
The long legs
Were never meant to be,
The curves of a model~
A dream never met.
Over and above the number
In cradle of love, a child.
A heart aches, it breaks~
Bleeds for the frame of its emptiness.
Reminders of a river of crying
Like sorrow between the covers.
As in a favorite book of failed romance,
All tears have turned
Into mourning memories.
And of hope never realized,
Like a fallen star
The nights live on in darkn34ess.
Possessed, still, is she, by that one
Polished now by healed heart
And new understanding
She mother’s the world’s children
In charity’s love blanket,
Woven as it is from the threads
Of an old tarnished dream.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From a Tarnished Dream by Jackie Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Our Precious Time, Jiya Jain
- An Epitaph on the Admirable Dramatic Poe.., John Milton
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Warped Human Minds, rajendran muthiah
- Polished Nail, maria sudibyo
- Bromance In The Air, maria sudibyo
- Counting Days, maria sudibyo
- Rain in My Heart, maria sudibyo
- Atonement, maria sudibyo
- Paper Cut, maria sudibyo
- Unfinished Poem, maria sudibyo
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon