From a Tarnished Dream
Some possession wanted
No longer matter~
The long legs
Were never meant to be,
The curves of a model~
A dream never met.
Over and above the number
In cradle of love, a child.
A heart aches, it breaks~
Bleeds for the frame of its emptiness.
Reminders of a river of crying
Like sorrow between the covers.
As in a favorite book of failed romance,
All tears have turned
Into mourning memories.
And of hope never realized,
Like a fallen star
The nights live on in darkn34ess.
Possessed, still, is she, by that one
Polished now by healed heart
And new understanding
She mother’s the world’s children
In charity’s love blanket,
Woven as it is from the threads
Of an old tarnished dream.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From a Tarnished Dream by Jackie Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar