From An Empty Tomb
Because the tomb is empty, Jesus Christ can fill your heart,
With God’s Spirit deep inside, and new life from Him above.
When this life comes to be, from your life God won’t depart,
And as The Lord you do abide, God fills you with His Love.
Christ’s death is a picture for, a true believer, like you and I,
As we die to our old life of sin, it becomes buried far away.
We’re seated now with The Lord, in the Heavens up on High,
In our heart Christ lives within, and in our life is here to stay,
From the grave He did rise, claiming over death His victory,
Now He reigns on His throne, as He rules over all the earth.
Opening up hearts and eyes, pointing men towards eternity,
Calling sinners to be His own, refining us through new birth.
Now for all Christ Jesus lives, seated on the throne of God,
With all the power as before, He came to give to us his life.
New Life to all He now gives, as we live on this earthly sod.
A life you live forevermore, when you come to Jesus Christ,
All of this from an empty tomb, provided by a Savior’s love,
Christ who died for sinners lost, becoming for us a sacrifice.
And for you there’s still room, in God’s mansion high above,
If you’d only come to the cross, God’s only way to Paradise.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From An Empty Tomb by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas
- An Oridnary Modern Girl Wearing A Rudrak.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- tear from a mans eye, Gregory Kelley
- Toss and Turn, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Tickle Blue, Prasad Natarajan
- Give me the wisdom of old age, Gregory Kelley
- नोँनि लुबैनायखौ आं बुजिबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- The Rock-built Temples of India, Bijay Kant Dubey