From An Empty Tomb
Because the tomb is empty, Jesus Christ can fill your heart,
With God’s Spirit deep inside, and new life from Him above.
When this life comes to be, from your life God won’t depart,
And as The Lord you do abide, God fills you with His Love.
Christ’s death is a picture for, a true believer, like you and I,
As we die to our old life of sin, it becomes buried far away.
We’re seated now with The Lord, in the Heavens up on High,
In our heart Christ lives within, and in our life is here to stay,
From the grave He did rise, claiming over death His victory,
Now He reigns on His throne, as He rules over all the earth.
Opening up hearts and eyes, pointing men towards eternity,
Calling sinners to be His own, refining us through new birth.
Now for all Christ Jesus lives, seated on the throne of God,
With all the power as before, He came to give to us his life.
New Life to all He now gives, as we live on this earthly sod.
A life you live forevermore, when you come to Jesus Christ,
All of this from an empty tomb, provided by a Savior’s love,
Christ who died for sinners lost, becoming for us a sacrifice.
And for you there’s still room, in God’s mansion high above,
If you’d only come to the cross, God’s only way to Paradise.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From An Empty Tomb by Bob Gotti )
- I am born on the land, ramesh rai
- John Ashbery: Some Personal Reflections, Ron Price
- meet my new jabberwocky, Mandolyn ...
- 3: 41, Adam Groszeibl
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Filtrate, Akhtar Jawad
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)