From That Child
The Christ Child born in Bethlehem, in Israel would bring to them,
Peace and Hope upon the earth, through our Lord’s special birth;
The virgin birth was God’s sign, that this baby was indeed divine,
And prophecies He would fulfill, through that tiny nation of Israel.
That Child would become a man, and carry out The Father’s Plan,
To save His people from their sin, all of those, who’d turn to Him.
The son given to Mary and Joseph, that carpenter from Nazareth,
Where it was even said by some, what good from it could come?
So that nation would then reject, The Savior sent for God’s Elect,
By turning away from God’s Will, as a whole, the Nation of Israel,
Ignoring what Isaiah prophesied, their Savior sent, they despised,
So The God of Israel would turn to, Gentiles such as me and you.
And that is where we are today, far from that baby laid in the hay,
Now seated at God’s Right Hand, His Salvation is for every land;
As believers throughout the world, are sent forth to be His herald,
Before He comes back to fulfill, God’s promises to chosen Israel.
When He’ll be sent back by God, to rule all earth with an Iron Rod,
As Christ reigns from Jerusalem, over all nations for a Millennium,
This after Christ returns in Majesty, and every eye in Israel will see,
The Lord and God of every nation, Israel’s long awaited Salvation.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (From That Child by Bob Gotti )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)