Why cant she be like them
Planning a day at the plaza
Sit and chat, have a coffee
Wander through the stores.
Because going into the shops
Causes her to freeze,
Tears well up in her eyes
She becomes dizzy and disorientated.
The simple act of going shopping
Has become her greatest nightmare
She no longer takes any joy from it
Even though it was once a delight.
There are times when she starts of happy
Like when she went down with her mum
But she still froze with fear
She still panicked being out and about.
There was a time before when she spent all her time
Mixing with people and enjoying the contact.
But now there is no joy
She just shakes and cries.
Why has she become so afraid
Is it just the pain that this place now represents
Or has she just closed away
Does she sit in the corner forever....
She hates who she has become
The frozen person in the corner
Unable to communicate her love
Unable to laugh through the tears.
She wonders how long before
This nightmare enters her haven
If she turns on her computer
Will she freeze here too.
Then her isolation will be complete
She will have no means to reach out
No longer will she be able
To even share the written word.
Alison Smith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen by Alison Smith )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)