Why cant she be like them
Planning a day at the plaza
Sit and chat, have a coffee
Wander through the stores.
Because going into the shops
Causes her to freeze,
Tears well up in her eyes
She becomes dizzy and disorientated.
The simple act of going shopping
Has become her greatest nightmare
She no longer takes any joy from it
Even though it was once a delight.
There are times when she starts of happy
Like when she went down with her mum
But she still froze with fear
She still panicked being out and about.
There was a time before when she spent all her time
Mixing with people and enjoying the contact.
But now there is no joy
She just shakes and cries.
Why has she become so afraid
Is it just the pain that this place now represents
Or has she just closed away
Does she sit in the corner forever....
She hates who she has become
The frozen person in the corner
Unable to communicate her love
Unable to laugh through the tears.
She wonders how long before
This nightmare enters her haven
If she turns on her computer
Will she freeze here too.
Then her isolation will be complete
She will have no means to reach out
No longer will she be able
To even share the written word.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Frozen by Alison Smith )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- grenadier guards, lee fones
- I was not that lucky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Fifteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Hope, Olugbuyi Stephen Gbolly
- I trace you on the coffee table, Mandolyn Davidson
- On Line Poet's Friendship, Om Chawla