As we have Christ’s Righteousness, we too grow in His gentleness,
Gentleness, dealing with others, unbelievers and Christian brothers,
Being gentle, humble and meek, while our Lord’s will we daily seek,
Sharing God’s Truth with everyone, in the gentleness of God’s Son.
Gentle and fair minded, we must be, so as we live life, all shall see,
This as we testify for Jesus Christ, His gentleness, must fill our life,
As we deal with our brothers, when for Christ, we encourage others,
Helping brothers that fall to stand, this with a gentle heart and hand.
A Christ like model, we must impart, with a true, gentle, loving heart;
Christ, who came to provide us rest, from every burden, trial or test,
So, we need gentleness, not a rod, as we serve others, for our God,
When helping or correcting anyone, we must be gentle, like His Son.
Regarding gentleness, understand, it’s not optional but a command,
Direct from our Savior, up above, to live in His gentleness and love,
Putting off old ways of wickedness, to be clothed in His gentleness,
This also is for husband and wife, as they live out their Christian life.
The Word of God must have its way, as we live this life, day to day,
As we live for God on this earth, through the Spirit of our New Birth,
Desiring to be like who God sent, our Lord, His unwavering Servant,
Filled with His gentleness and love, as we point other to God above.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gentleness by Bob Gotti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar