George H. W. Bush
George H. W. Bush - thank you
For a life of service to us.
The American people do
Owe you a rating of A plus.
To government, you gave a face
That We the People felt you'd be
Steady through any time and place,
And so you were through history,
Striving to achieve what was right,
In humored modesty design.
You showed us of the points of light.
You serve us well and you do shine.
So thank you Mr. President.
Your time with us has been well spent.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (George H. W. Bush by Ima Ryma )
- My Beloved Is Beyond Compare, Folayemi Akande
- Haiku 'sparrows ', miken newman
- Through The Trees inside The Darkness, Little Eagle McGowan
- In those days, Gianfranco Aurilio
- God has Priorities, Professor Poetry Hound
- THE PRACTICE of PATIENCE, michael walkerjohn
- Kenya On Gear To Import Ebola, Pius Didier
- THE AGED EARTH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- denominator, Cee Bea
- Language, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)