Gesar of Ling's Vision of Mt. Magyel Pomra
Warriors of Ling, do not struggle.
Light and awareness are indivisible.
Just look into the mirror of the self-existing mind.
See things just as they are.
Because awareness and phenomena have never separated,
The treasury of Magyel Pomra opens to me.
This black rock mountain is the nature of space.
This black rock mountain is a mansion of light.
This black rock mountain is the gift of awareness,
Marked only with the name of Magyel Pomra.
Seeing it is the experience of compassion.
Because awareness and mind have never separated,
The treasury of Magyel Pomra is now open to me.
(From THE WARRIOR SONG OF KING GESAR, Douglas J. Penick, Mill City Press pp.26-7)
Douglas Penick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gesar of Ling's Vision of Mt. Magyel Pomra by Douglas Penick )
- I had shied away, hasmukh amathalal
- Shoemaker, Gaurav Juyal
- King Serpentine, Gaurav Juyal
- The clouds and the child, Thampi KEE
- To My Princess, Abekah Emmanuel
- Those sensations تلك الاحاسيس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The God gives, hasmukh amathalal
- Small fishes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- When you're old, JJ Evendon
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)