Gesar of Ling's Vision of Mt. Magyel Pomra
Warriors of Ling, do not struggle.
Light and awareness are indivisible.
Just look into the mirror of the self-existing mind.
See things just as they are.
Because awareness and phenomena have never separated,
The treasury of Magyel Pomra opens to me.
This black rock mountain is the nature of space.
This black rock mountain is a mansion of light.
This black rock mountain is the gift of awareness,
Marked only with the name of Magyel Pomra.
Seeing it is the experience of compassion.
Because awareness and mind have never separated,
The treasury of Magyel Pomra is now open to me.
(From THE WARRIOR SONG OF KING GESAR, Douglas J. Penick, Mill City Press pp.26-7)
Douglas Penick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gesar of Ling's Vision of Mt. Magyel Pomra by Douglas Penick )
- So I thought, hasmukh amathalal
- That Day Into My Eyes You Gazed (M. Tsve.., Olga Kyvelidi
- For Me You Have No Love... (S.Esenin), Olga Kyvelidi
- All can benefit, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Wendell Berry
- Only sweet words, hasmukh amathalal
- Good Bye My Rebelle, Hebert Logerie
- Like The Water, Wendell Berry
- what are you to me, Cyrus Shaftang
- Even with enough, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(20 June 1952 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns