Gesar of Ling's Vision of Mt. Magyel Pomra
Warriors of Ling, do not struggle.
Light and awareness are indivisible.
Just look into the mirror of the self-existing mind.
See things just as they are.
Because awareness and phenomena have never separated,
The treasury of Magyel Pomra opens to me.
This black rock mountain is the nature of space.
This black rock mountain is a mansion of light.
This black rock mountain is the gift of awareness,
Marked only with the name of Magyel Pomra.
Seeing it is the experience of compassion.
Because awareness and mind have never separated,
The treasury of Magyel Pomra is now open to me.
(From THE WARRIOR SONG OF KING GESAR, Douglas J. Penick, Mill City Press pp.26-7)
Douglas Penick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Gesar of Ling's Vision of Mt. Magyel Pomra by Douglas Penick )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson