Herbert Nehrlich (04 October 1943 / Germany)
Ginkgo Biloba (Limerick)
The Indians of Manitoba
grew acres of Ginkgo Biloba.
but the squaws had a taste
made it into a paste
it was used to make warriors sober.
In the brain of an active redskin
lives right next to traditional sin
a big bundle of hoses
all the colour of roses
if they get their Biloba you win.
As this herb works by instant dilation
it bestows an euphoric sensation
and a mental perfusion
is no simple illusion
but an intellect titillation.
Poet Other Poems
- ......Of GOLD?
- .....The Wedding Of Mardi Gras And Panto...
- .....when I'm sixty-four?
- ....and many happy returns
- ....for being late
- ....Und Lache, Lache, Lache
- ...And Carry A Big Stick
- ...Not Far From The Tree
- ...wise to be humble
- 10 Haikus And Some Wisdom
- 1961, And Later (Haiku)
- 2009 Happy Birthday Jerry Hughes!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.