Girl, How Could You
Walked down the aisle
Girl you did, by his side
Promised before God to your man
The boys came along
Adding notes to your song
The stave that tucked in and held those notes was you
You held your boys and held your man.
Girl, how could you break your own stave
Oh see, the notes are now drifting away
They are crying, can’t you see them dying
What is a note without its song?
How on earth did things go wrong?
See your sweet boys
Learning to live a lie
With their father they drench their pillows at night
They miss your voice
You can’t cover up with toys
Their sad eyes show the heart that took a blow
Oh girl, how could you just leave and go?
Girl, when your feet are tired of wandering around
You search for those roots that should be underground
Girl, don’t you know, roots take time to grow
Fruits are reaped only where seeds were sown
It was for you to build that place
You once called Home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Girl, How Could You by Dennisa Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- About The Scriptures, Margaret Moran
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh