Girl in the mirror!
I look in the mirror and what do i see
a ugly girl that must be me.
Why do i feel this way?
Why do i look this way?
I don't know so i ask my mam
and dad they say i'm beautiful
but i don't believe it.
So i ask my friends they smile and say yes
but i don't believe that as well.
So they worry about me until im ill
mam and dad are worried and cry over me
people at school say 'look at her' 'look at her'
i come more and more scared of myself.
So my bestmate says 'you look ill' i say 'no im not im ugly'
she tells the teachers.
But they say 'go to the doctor' do i care no.
People at school say 'where did i go' my mate said
she got sent to hospital 2 days ago. 'why did she'
they say. My bestmate crys 'she got force fed.'
So my whole Family are worried saying 'your beautiful believe it' So i smile and that is it. my Family cry and cry.
So here i am as a ghost infront of the mirror looking sad and pale. Now my family are happy and old. But they still regret that i died 3 years ago.
Becky Ginn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Girl in the mirror! by Becky Ginn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Cunning human mind, hasmukh amathalal
- The Upright Will Remain In It, Edward Kofi Louis
- For The Right Time, Edward Kofi Louis
- Lesson on the letter S, Jaimee Hills
- hulle wat my taal haat, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- life sceret, Ewa Busayourmi
- <<<<<<, , , Hope, Abdul Wahab
- broken freinship, Ewa Busayourmi
- Roll With It, Ima Ryma
- If I Tell You Your Own Bad Feelings, Shalom Freedman